Executive Management Team
Combining many years of experience by working in various financial institutions, including family offices, investment companies and investment banks, our team has attained sound experience in deal origination, execution, negotiation and post-acquisition management. Collectively the team more than 80 years’ experience and has managed to execute acquisitions in the United Kingdom in excess of GBP 800 million.
Mohamed Jassim Al Shaikh
Chief Executive Officer
Mohamed is the Chief Executive Officer of Blacksand and member of the board. Mohamed has more than 16 years of experience in the Investment Banking Sector. During his career, he has been dealing mainly with HNWIs & institutions by providing them with Investment opportunities as well as Private Banking services. At his last post, he headed the Wealth Management team of Venture Capital Bank, where he spent 11 years. Prior to that he has served as an Investment Banker at both Kuwait Finance and Taib Bank Bahrain, where he was involved in managing client’s portfolio’s as well as working with the investment team on their investments.
Mr. Al Shaikh holds a Master’s Degree from NYIT and a BSC in Business Administration (majoring in Finance and Economics) from the University of South Florida, USA.
In 2015 he attended program at the Ivey Business School between Hong Kong and Toronto with a focus on Company Strategy and Leadership
Mohamed Abdullah Al Raee
Chief Investor Relations Officer
Mr. Mohamed Al Raee is the Chief Investor Relations officer who manages all Blacksand partners related issues for our various projects in addition to advise executives on strategy and changes in the market. Prior to joining Blacksand he was at J Equity Partners, within this role responsibility he had to identify high net worth individuals, corporations, and foundations that represent potential partners. and was previously a Director in the Investment Placement Division with Venture Capital Bank, also started as Head of Corporate Communications at VC Bank, having completed the introduction of the Bank’s brand into the market. Prior to that, he worked for ABQ ZAWYA as a Sales and Marketing Manager – Bahrain, Qatar and Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Mr. Al Raee was also Sales and Customer Support Manager at Money Line Telerate for Bahrain/Qatar, and previously, was the Sales Manager at Reuters in Bahrain/Riyadh where he was responsible for prospecting and identifying new clients for the organization while maintaining existing customers. Prior to joining the financial industry, Mr. Al Raee was a first officer (Pilot) with Gulf Air on the Booing 737 fleet.
Mr. Al Raee holds an Aviation degree for commercial pilot from the University of North Dakota, USA.
Ahmed Fuad Matar
Chief Investment Officer
Ahmed Matar is the Chief Investment Officer and leads the overall investment business of the Company including Real Estate and Asset Management Ahmed has more than 15 years of experience in real estate, asset management and investment banking. During his career, he has led various regional and international transactions in Europe. His transaction experience include acquisition of commercial properties, managing development projects, debt raising and private placement. In addition he is a deal structuring and business development expert.
Prior to Blacksand, Ahmed was the Head of Investment Banking at Maceen Capital where he led the structuring of real estate transactions and advising a wide range of clients including family business and high net worth individuals on their investment, capital raising, restructuring and strategy.
Ahmed was the Head of International Real Estate Department at Al-Rajhi Invest Company a prominent family office in Riyadh, were he managed a portfolio of commercial assets in London worth more than USD 400 million. Prior to Al-Rajhi Invest Ahmed was a team member of the Real Estate and Development Investment Department at Gulf Finance House B.S.c a listed Investment Bank based in Bahrain.
Ahmed started his career with Audit and Advisory Firms, he was an External Audit Manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Bahrain office.
Ahmed is an ACCA from Chartered Certified Accountants of the UK.
Head of Finance & Operations
Senob has been working with KPMG for more than 5 Years and has cumulative experience in Middle East (Accounting). He has managed the entire accounting function for various industries in Bahrain and has experience in usage of multiple accounting software (Tally ERP, Peachtree, Quick books and Wings.) He has also worked on financial structuring and MIS reporting at KPMG.
Senob has a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) from the University of Calicut, Kerala and a Master of Commerce (M.com) from the University of Mahatma Gandhi, Kerala.
Senior Development Director
- Fatih is an Advisor and non-executive Senior Development Manager for Blacksand. Over 30 years industry experience in the construction and facility & asset management working for public & private sector in the United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East.
- 1982 began his working career in contracting having graduated as civil engineer where he was supervising many civil engineering related projects.
- 1986 was appointed as a Senior Engineer working on the design of buildings and civil engineering projects and managed complex and diverse assignments
- 1994 was appointed as Engineering Director working on development and management consultancy delivering solutions to public and private clients, projects such as building structures, land development and regeneration,
- 1998 was appointed as Contract Director delivering facility management projects in the UK, US and the Middle East. Projects were in Healthcare, Government services, Technology, Government Real Estate, commercial buildings, mix use development. He was also a visiting lecturer at Birmingham University for three years
- 2006 appointed as a General Manager for Facilities and asset Management Company in the UAE working on projects for pubic & private sector such as Burj Khalifa, Durrat Al Bahrain, The Palm, Dubai Mall, Old Town Dubai and many more
- 2013 appointed as CEO for regional facilities & asset management group
- Served on many company boards and innovation committees as executive or non executive member
Shibu Alias is a proficient Finance Director with more than 18 years of experience, 11 of those in key positions for leading Real Estate investment companies in the Kingdom of Bahrain that covered various areas including management, financial, strategic planning and administrative responsibilities. Also responsible for providing financial guidance and support to the top management and team. Shibu has long and distinguished career in Finance, Budgeting, cost Management as well as profitability analysis, auditing, team building and performance improvement. Prior to his appointment, Shibu was the Finance Manager of leading real estate investment company RealCAPITA where he handled a wide spectrum of activities. As Administrative Manager, coordinated office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies, supervising administrative staff and dividing responsibilities to ensure performance.
Shibu holds an MBA in Finance, a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with specialized in cost accounting from Mahatma Gandhi University, India, and Diploma in Network Centered Computing.